Monday, March 9, 2015

Morning Run Recap


Mondays are my fresh starts! This morning I woke up at 7:00am to go for a run and was completely dark outside. The spring forward time change has really messed with me.


None the less, I had a banana, laced up my shoes, and was on my way. Today was an uptempo run of about 4.5 miles, and the weather was perfect. It's the kind runners dream about.



This sign caught my eye, and the sun peeking through the trees was picture perfect. Life slowed down a bit, but my pace sure didn't. Pure serendipity!


I couldn't resist stopping off half way through my run to walk down by the water as the sun came up. And the sun wasn't the only thing coming up this morning. There were all of these fish jumping up and then belly flopping back down into the water. It made me laugh; I had never seen anything like it. It sure was a surprise waking up to darkness, but well worth it in the end.



Once I was finished with my run I walked about a half a mile to cool down and was completely amazed at how still the water was and at the reflection of the clouds. It was a lovely morning! Once I got home I made some steel cut oats with fresh berries! It's my new favorite breakfast! 

Let me know in the comments what your favorite workout and breakfast is!

Happy Monday friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment