Saturday, February 14, 2015

My Thoughts On Hearts Day


You either love it or you hate it.

Out of all the holidays I'm sure this would either be a least favourite, or an all time favourite. 

I don't know if it's just me, but I am a huge sucker for anything red & pink or heart shaped, or beautifully decorated cupcakes, or those cheesy but cute valentine puns. Donut you know that I love you a hole bunch ;) I just appreciate cute things!

However, I do think we're doing Hearts Day wrong. It is simply just a day for us to remind the ones we love, that we love them. Whether that be a friend, sibling, him/her, parent, or a relative.

I remember Hearts Day in elementary school was my favourite day. I would get so excited when the teacher would pass out the paper with everyone's name on it so we could make valentines for each other. I would go home and get my crafts out and make a valentine box, along with the valentines for my classmates. It was so much fun for me and a fun day for everyone!

On that note, I heard someone on the radio the other day complaining about Valentines day. They said, "it's just a day where some people get sent flowers and chocolate and others get nothing and have to sit and watch." Sadly, this is kind of true, however, I think there's a solution. Like I said before, it should just be a day to let others know you love and appreciate them. What if we all just made simple and sweet valentines and gave them out to those around us. Even if it's just a note that says, "I think you're dandy, and I'm not lion."(with a drawing of a dandelion) or "Whale you be mine? I whale!"(with a drawing of two whales). Feel free to choose according to your artistic abilities ;)


For breakfast I made a Strawberry Banana & Oat Smoothie. I needed something cute and pink!


    Seriously though, who doesn't love a heart shaped cookie?!


To top things off, my sister and I went on a coffee date to celebrate. We like to call them, seester dates. Thank you Starbucks for appreciating heart things as much as I do!

Anyway, that sums up my day and thoughts. I'd love to hear yours. Let me know what you're doing for Hearts Day and what you think of it.

Happy Hearts Day friends!












No comments:

Post a Comment